Effective Date: May 22, 2018
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal data.
We want you to feel confident when using the DataHero service and comfortable with how your content is used.
- We are committed to being transparent about the information we collect, how we use it, and how you can control the collection, correction and/or deletion of the information.
- We believe that you should have control over the content you upload to the DataHero Service. We will never share your content without your permission (unless required by law) and will provide you with a clear means to be able to delete your content from our systems.
- We believe that you own and will always own all content you upload to the DataHero Service. We will never claim ownership rights to any of your content and only ask you to grant us license rights necessary for us to provide the service.
- We believe that having access to your content is a privilege. If you provide DataHero with credentials for a third-party service, we pledge to only use those credentials to list the content that you have available in that service and that we will not upload anything into DataHero without your permission.
By using this service, you agree to allow us to collect and process information as described below. If you have any questions or believe that content has been uploaded into DataHero that shouldn’t have been, please contact us at email@example.com.
COLLECTION: We collect three types of Personally Identifiable Information (PII). This information is used to enable DataHero service functionality and to better allow us to understand how visitors navigate our website.
- Purchase Information: If you purchase paid features of the DataHero service, we collect your name, billing and shipping address, credit card information and any other information necessary to complete the transaction.
- Log-in Information: If you create a DataHero account, you provide your email address, name and create a password that we store so you can access and use the DataHero service.
- Website Use Information: Subject to your opt-out preferences, we use tools (including Google Analytics) to collect information from visitors in order to better understand how they use our website (e.g., browser type, domains, page views). You may opt-out of Google Analytics cookies using Opt-Out Features on their website. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use features of our web application; these disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to the site. You can change your internet browser settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you turn off cookies, parts of the DataHero service may not work for you.
USAGE: We may use information that we collect about you, including personal information, to:
- Provide the DataHero service: We will use your information to provide the DataHero service to you; to manage your account; to respond to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges and to perform internal finance processes, such as looking up the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we may also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve upon our products: We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make the DataHero Service better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications: We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the DataHero service is working properly. These messages are considered part of the DataHero service and you may not opt out of these messages while you have an active account.
- Promotional: Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about DataHero or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time. Please see the Your Rights and Choices section below for more information.
- Responding to your requests: We will use your information to respond to your questions, service issues, or comments.
- Legal Compliance: We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including informal requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Other: We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent. Please read all online agreements carefully before accepting them.
TRANSFER: We do not rent or sell our customer lists. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for purposes of providing you with the DataHero services. These third parties may use your information to perform services on our behalf, and to offer you other products or services that may be of interest to you. Except as described herein, DataHero will only provide personally identifiable information collected on the website to a third party if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information (such as usage statistics or other information) with third parties at any time and for any reason.
LEGAL BASIS: We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
- Consent: We may use your personal information as described in this Policy subject to your consent. To withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Please see Your Rights and Choices below for more information on opt-outs.
- Performance of a Contract: We may need to collect and use your personal information, as applicable, to perform our contractual obligations to you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests to provide and improve upon the DataHero Service. We process information on behalf of our customers who have legitimate interests in operating their businesses. We may use technical information as described in this Policy and use personal information for our marketing purposes consistent with our legitimate interests and any choices that we offer or consents that may be required under applicable law.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES:
- Account: In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can log in to review and update your account information, including contact and billing information, via your account settings page. You may also contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information. We will do our best to honor your requests subject to any legal and contractual obligations. If you would like to make a request, cancel your account or request we delete or no longer use your account information to provide you the Services, please contact us at email@example.com. Subject to applicable law, we will retain and use your account information only as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Email: If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you may opt out at any time by following the opt-out link contained in the email itself or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) days to process your request. Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may continue to send to you service-related emails which are not available for opt-out. If you do not wish to receive any service-related emails from us, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- Cookies: You may also refrain from providing, or withdraw, your consent for cookies. Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- Additional Rights: Subject to local law, you may have additional rights under the laws of your jurisdiction regarding your personal data, such as the right to complain to your local data protection authority.
SECURITY: DataHero takes security very seriously. We use commercially standard methods to transmit your content securely including HTTPS, SSL, and 128bit encryption. The content is stored using Amazon’s S3 AND RDS cloud services.
International Visitors: DataHero is hosted in the United States and is intended for United States visitors. If you are accessing the site from the European Union or other regions with laws governing content collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal content to the United States and by providing your personal content you consent to that transfer.
Children Under 13: The DataHero service is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such children. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and you believe your child may have provided us with personal information, please notify us at email@example.com.
Business Transitions: Upon the sale or transfer of the company and its assets, we will require a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
2624 5th St. Suite 6
Santa Monica, CA 90405
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by writing to 2624 5th St. #6 Santa Monica, CA 90405, or by calling us at (866) 483-7191. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.